Melt flows from the outside to the inside of a rotating filter screen with a large number of conical holes. The contaminants contained in the melt remain on the filter surface; they are removed from the screen by a scraper at the latest after one rotation, then discharged from the process directly by means of the discharge shaft. In other words, an absolutely clean filtration surface is available again after each rotation of the screen. The design of the discharge shaft and the discharge system allows even low viscosity polymer melts such as PET or PA to be processed. In contrast to the ERF filter, the contaminant content is limited to a maximum of 1.5%.
The filter is driven by energy efficient servo motors, which enable extremely precise control of the filter and discharge shafts. One unique advantage of the ECO melt filter is that the speed of the filter and the speed of the discharge shaft can be separately adjusted. The filter surface is thus kept permanently free and clean while melt loss is reduced to a minimum.
- Continuous operation with a constant pressure on the outlet side
- No need to replace the screen for several weeks, or possibly months, depending on the material and the applicationExtremely low melt losses
- Absolutely clean filtration surface during the total time in operation
- Up to 1.5% contaminants removed (we recommend our ERF filter for higher contaminant contents)
- Completely closed system with no entrapped air
- Short contaminant residence times in the filter
- Consistent melt flow without dead zones or degraded polymer
- Suitable for all polyolefins, polystyrenes, PET and PA
- Better mixing and homogenizing of highly filled melts